Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to School

Wednesday, August 21

Today was the official reporting day for teachers in Vegas. This definitely hasn't been the summer I was planning on. I thought I would be able to take my time cleaning up my classroom and lesson planning for my long term substitute. I thought we would be able to take our time setting up and decorating the nursery. I thought I would have plenty of time to finish reading my stack of baby books. I thought Justin and I would be able to visit family in Minnesota and watch my mom get married in June.  I NEVER thought we would be spending 65 days (and counting) in a hospital NICU. Perhaps this is part of our training for parenthood.....nothing ever goes as planned.

 Mommy and the girls. Kinley (above) and Devyn (below)

 
I know I keep saying this, but I can't believe how big they're getting! Devyn now weighs 6 lbs. 11 oz. and Kinley weighs 5 lbs. 9 oz. Both girls have now more than doubled their birth weight. I can't wait to get them next to average-size babies so I can appreciate how small they still are, and yet how much they've grown. Kinley was so hungry today she ate 85 cc's with Dad....about a bottle and a half! Wow!

Kinley had a bad episode this morning where her heartbeat and oxygen levels dropped while she was eating, which hasn't happened to her in weeks. Although they haven't given us a prediction yet on when she'll be going home, this will probably delay it. We are eager to get them both home, but we also want to make sure they are breathing fine on their own. 

 Kinley sleeping sideways.

 Grandma and Kinley.
 
Devyn Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment