Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Back in Blogging Business!

Wednesday, September 25

Our computer has been discharged...we are now a complete family again! It's amazing how much you depend on computers these days. I am so thankful to have it back, and I know the blog fans are too!

What a week it has been! We have settled into a routine...well, sort of. Although the girls are not on an exact schedule yet, they eat about every 3 hours during the day, and about every 4 hours at night. Dad and I each claim a daughter before going to bed, and we wake up with that girl throughout the night. So we are getting some sleep:-)

This picture sums up our home lately....
(Not that I would be any happier if I was wearing those awful casts).

The difficult part has been trying to keep Devyn happy. She has been miserable lately. I'm sure she is uncomfortable in her casts. We went in to see her orthopedic doctor on Monday, and he said her feet are looking great after only one week wearing her full-leg casts. So, while we wait for her braces to be made she has to have only half-leg casts. I assumed this would make for a much happier baby now that she can bend her knees....I was wrong! She still screams unless she's being held. I don't mind the extra snuggle time, but it sure makes it hard to do ANYTHING else (like feed Kinley, do dishes, or change out of my pajamas sometime throughout the day).

Devyn in her new casts. They don't quite reach her knees this time.

Well, tonight Devyn had apparently had enough. She somehow managed to wiggle one of her feet completely out of its cast! SO, now I need to call the doctor in the morning and get an appointment to replace the cast. I'm dreading it though, because he said that if this happened she would get the full-leg casts back.
 How did she do that?!?!

The girls had their first follow-up appointment with the eye doctor on Friday. Everything still looks good. They still have some under-developed blood vessels in their eyes that he has to monitor a while longer, but they never developed any of the other conditions common in preemie babies.

Good thing we didn't have triplets! We've only got two hands!


A few more pics from this week:
 Daddy and Kinley

 Thank God for pacifiers!
 
 Relaxing!

Going to visit Frank and Jada...have to wear our Jayhawks gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment