Thursday, September 12, 2013

12 Weeks Old!

Thursday, September 12

Okay, okay...so I'm a little late with the 12 week post. The blog fans are beginning to get restless, so I can't put it off anymore.

Devyn and Kinley turned 12 weeks old on Monday. I can't believe three months have gone by already! It's been a very busy week, with many more to come I'm sure!
Kinley loves her bouncy seat!
 
Monday was Devyn's pediatrician appointment. She weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz. and was just shy of 21 inches long. She must have had a growth spurt recently, because Kinley was beating her in the length department for a while, but now Devyn is in the lead again (Kinley was 19.5 inches long at her appointment last Friday).
Guess who!
 
Tuesday...is a blur. I don't remember what happened on Tuesday:-(

Wednesday was girls' day out. We spent the afternoon out shopping with Grandma Carol. We learned that many shopping carts aren't big enough to hold two carseats. I guess my future shopping trips will be limited to stores with good-sized carts. And these carseats are heavy! I'm going to need to build up my muscle strength so I can carry them both at the same time.
Ready for their first outing together!

Today the girls had their first professional photo shoot! What an exhausting adventure! I followed all of the photographer's instructions for a successful shoot... We gave the girls a nice, calming bath before heading over for the shoot. I made sure the girls were hungry so they could eat as soon as we arrived. Grandma and I did the best we could to keep them awake so they would sleep through the photos. Well, all that had work did not pay off.

Kinley fell asleep almost immediately. Devyn, on the other hand, had other plans. She was awake for at least an hour after arriving. We spent a LOT of time waiting for one of the girls to go back to sleep.  Each time the photographer started to arrange them for the picture, someone would wake up and start screaming. I believe each girl was punched or kicked a few times by her sister. Grandma and I were exhausted from rocking, consoling, and soothing upset babies. After a four hour shoot, I am confident we got some great photos! I can't wait to be able post some to the blog. I'm sure it will all be worth it once we see the pictures!
Here's the sneak peek our photographer posted to her Facebook page. Isn't it adorable!?!?! Love those girls!

Tomorrow we have to say goodbye to Grandma Carol:-( She has been the most amazing helper over the past four weeks. She wore many hats while visiting the Marsh family: cook, gardener, landscaper, housecleaner, mover, babysitter, painter, decorator, and many more. We sure are going to miss her, but I'm sure she needs a vacation after all this!
What will we do without her?!?!

Blog fans...you'll know if we can survive on our own if you get to read another blog post from me. Stay tuned....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment