Thursday, May 21, 2015

Results Are In!

Thursday, May 21

Are we identical or fraternal twins?
(Ellie on left, Brylee right)
 
The results from the DNA zygosity test are in....Brylee and Ellison are IDENTICAL! How fun to have one set of fraternal, and one set of identical twins! Sometimes I forget how abnormal our family is until I see someone's reaction when I tell them we have two sets of twins, and all under the age of two! The other day, the pizza delivery guy peeked into the living room when he heard Devyn screaming, and said, "Wow! That's a lot of kids! Are they all yours?" And when I gave him the news, I think he thought that I was joking.

The look of disbelief, shock, or sometimes even horror on people's faces reminds me that I have four excuses to have a few, or maybe more than a few, extra white hairs on my head and be a little crazy sometimes. (Please feel free to remind my husband of that as well:-) But I also have four reasons to be very thankful.

Having two kids completely changed our lives, as I'm sure having even just one will do; but adding another two to the mix has completely changed everything again. I literally cannot leave the house by myself. Well...to be fair, I can leave the house, meaning I can get all four girls into the minivan (yes, of course we have a minivan) by myself. But that's as far as my freedom goes....because once I actually get somewhere, it takes two people to manage all four girls. We have two double strollers, therefore requiring two people to push them. Of course, they do make triple and quadruple strollers, but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't want to attempt an outing by myself anyway.

 
Devyn and Kinley love their new swing set!

People often ask if Devyn and Kinley have their own twin language, to which I respond, "No, not really." They are about as different as can be. Devyn is the loud and mischievous sister; while Kinley is the quiet and independent one. We get pretty excited when they actually interact with each other, as it doesn't happen very often. All this makes me wonder what Brylee and Ellie will be like as they get older. Will they be two peas in a pod, or opposites, like their big sisters?

The rough life of Brylee and Ellison.

Melts my heart!
(Devyn and Brylee)
 
Three at once!
 
 
"I hope someone will catch me!"-Kinley

Last weekend we went to the Children's Discovery Museum with the Hinton family. We had a blast!
                       Devyn throwing blocks at Kinley.                     Devyn testing out her car.
 
                             The puzzle master!                                 Kinley loved the water exhibit!
 

 
And just because I want to remind her about this kind of stuff when she's older...... 
                     "WHO DID THIS?!?!?" -Mom                    "Maybe she won't notice." -Devyn    
 

 

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment