Sunday, November 2, 2014

Trick or Treat!

Sunday, November 2

Our cat (Devyn) and mouse (Kinley)!

Happy Halloween! What a fun weekend we had! Devyn and Kinley participated in their first Halloween traditions: first costumes, first trick-or-treating, and first pumpkin carving experience. Grandma Carol bought them their first costumes when she was here last week. I didn't think they would last 5 seconds with those hoods on, but surprisingly they didn't seem to mind at all!

They LOVED trick-or-treating, but not because of the candy. Devyn just loves to walk/run free, so it was all one big adventure to her. And Kinley just enjoyed being out and about, soaking up the sights. Our friends Will and Joelene came with too. I was a tad unprepared and didn't buy any candy buckets, so we had to improvise. Yes, that's Devyn trick-or-treating with a sand/beach bucket:-) 

 The first house....
Success! 
The wrappers probably don't taste as good as the candy. 
Ridin' in style!
 "Where to next, guys?"  -Devyn
Pumpkin carving 
Mom had to do all the work!
We found a pumpkin big enough for them to fit in!



My favorite part of the weekend was the weather. We finally had temperatures that made it feel like fall! 
 I think someone wants to go outside...
OK, off to the park!
 We love to swing!
 It's a workout chasing this young lady around!
How typical...my rule-follower and my rule-breaker. 



Only took me 16 months...but I finally finished the girls' NICU keepsake boxes.


And one more pic just because I love it (and her):
I hope she enjoys doing dishes this much in about 10 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment